Mark's World of motorbikes, cars and stuff...: Triumph Daytona 955i

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Triumph Daytona 955i

After selling my black 1050 Speed Triple, I really hoped to get a 955i Triple to replace it. Ideally, I wanted a Speed Triple as the faired bikes aren't kind to my back. Still, I found what looked like a lovely example of a Daytona 955i on the Triumph Torque forum and decided to bite the bullet.

It was a 1999 T-reg in Tornado Red.


It took some fettling after I got it home from daaarnn saarf! It ran well until warm and then would stall on the approach to traffic lights, tight turns, etc. with the clutch pulled in. I pulled it all apart the day after bringing it home and replaced the plugs and found that the Idle Air Control hoses had split (a common problem on these bikes). Here are some pictures to show the split ends... They were in pretty poor condition!
  
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter