Mark's World of motorbikes, cars and stuff...: Goodbye Kwak... Hello Triumph...

Monday, June 26, 2006

Goodbye Kwak... Hello Triumph...

Well, the time has come to part with my ZRX1100. It's served me well but it's time to move on to something new. I love the looks of the ZRX, the sound is addictive and it's comfortable riding two-up but i fancy trying something with a sporting nature. I think maybe i was being a bit ambitious chosing the ZRX as my next bike after the bandit 600 although i can handle it ok on open roads. Things just get a bit tricky on tight twisties and when trying to move the bike around in small spaces. I will be sorry to see it go really...

I'm not a massive fan of most of the faired bikes so i have struggled to find something to suit but i think i may have done it.. I have always liked the styling of the Speed Triple and Speed Four although they are not to everyones taste. They are verging on ugly but they are cool in my opinion. I couldn't afford to insure the Speed Triple or Four when i started out in biking but now i have a couple of years no claims, things are different. A friend of ours has a Speed four and when i saw and heard it, it made me want one all over again!

I started out looking at used examples but noticed quite a few really good deals on brand new fours. Trouble was, they'd nearly all been snapped up! I finally found one in a Triumph dealer in Blackburn and headed over there this morning to see what kind of deal i could get. I got a good offer for the ZRX and got the four at a great price too. With a bit of luck i'll be picking it up tomorrow! Can't wait! It's like being a little boy waiting for Christmas!

Here are some photos of the Speed four in the same 'Tornado Red' as mine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter