Mark's World of motorbikes, cars and stuff...: I've fitted a high-level exhaust to the bike

Saturday, May 19, 2007

I've fitted a high-level exhaust to the bike

The standard exhaust is stainless steel but looked very long and was mounted so that it hid part of the rear wheel. The rear wheel is mounted on a single-sided swingarm and I think it's a shame to obscure the view!

Anyway, I managed to find a bargain on Ebay. I got myself a road legal Devil 'Magnum' exhaust with removable baffle. It looks much better on the bike and came with all the bits to adapt the pillion footpeg mount. It only took me around 30 minutes to remove the standard can and fit this one!

With the baffle in, the exhaust sounded much the same as the stock can but I've since removed the baffle and it sounds lovely now! It's not overly loud but gives a nice deep rumble at tickover and a deep growl when on the move.

Here are a few of photos of the bike. The first one shows the bike with the standard can while the next couple show the new exhaust fitted..











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter