Mark's World of motorbikes, cars and stuff...: Temporary fix for the IACV hoses

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Temporary fix for the IACV hoses

After finding the cause for the stalling, I ordered some silicon hose, in order to make up some replacement hoses. In the meantime, I used some clear fuel hose as a temporary fix, so I could get my new toy out on the road.

The bike ran quite nicely once these were replaced and the stalling problem went away. Unfortunately, a new problem appeared... It was difficult to start when cold and tickover wasn't as smooth as it should have been. I had the valve clearance checked and adjusted and then I balanced the carbs, before putting in a fresh fuelling map, using TuneECU.
 
It ran lovely after that and, despite being a bit uncomfortable around town or when stuck on traffic, it was a great bike and went like poo off a spade!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter