Mark's World of motorbikes, cars and stuff...: First impressions of the Triumph...

Thursday, June 29, 2006

First impressions of the Triumph...

Well, the bike has been impressive so far. I'm restricted to 5000rpm for another 90 miles due to running the bike in but it has great potential. The bike feels much lighter than the ZRX and handles so much easier. I can concentrate on the road ahead more on this bike as i feel more relaxed. It turns in with no effort at all... i just look at where i want to end up and the bike just seems to get there. Once leaning into a corner it holds a good line and feels very stable. The clutch is very smooth and the gearbox is far less clunky than the ZRX. The gearchange feels very similar to my bandit and that was silky. The throttle response is excellent and it is very smooth, possibly down to this bike being fuel injected.

I think you either love or hate the looks of the Speed Four with it's bug eyes and ram air intakes sticking out at the front. I personally love it and it certainly turns heads. I don't ever recall seeing a red Speed Four but it suits the bike. Red wouldn't normally be my first choice for a bike but this just seems to work.

A friend of mine has given me a little black box which clicks in under the seat. This means that both lamps are lit when using dipped beam. In standard form only one lamp would be lit but it looks a bit wonky like that! Almost like it's winking!

The only thing i miss is a fuel gauge but i'm sure i'll survive without one. The bike has a warning light anyway and i tend to fill up every 100 miles anyway as the ZRX wouldn't do much more than that without using reserve.

I've done around 210 miles since picking the bike up on Tuesday afternoon so only 90 to go before i can use up to 6000rpm. Once i reach 1000 miles i can play without worrying about keeping the revs down. Probably wont take long to get there as I'll be playing out at every opportunity!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Great bike. I also have a red one. Can you please tell me how can I get the little black box that can light up both headlights?

Thanks,
John

12:50 am  
Blogger Mark said...

John,

I got mine from a friend who has a Speed Four. I will ask where she got it from and let you know..

Cheers,

Mark


ps Good choice of bike! ;o)

11:39 am  
Blogger Mark said...

Right, you can order the part from Triumph, part number t2500077. It just pushes straight into a socket, similar to a flasher relay box. My friend got them from Stockport Motorcycle Centre so, if you're in the UK it might be worth giving them a ring on 0161 476 6323. My friend spoke to a chap called Owen when she rang. They also have a website http://www.motorcycle-centre.co.uk/..

I hope this helps,

Mark

12:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The part number will really help a lot. I'm in the US....I'll try to source one here.

Ride on,
John

5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter